Friday, September 9, 2011

Acer 20" Monitor Review

I said I would do a review on the Acer 20" Monitor that I purchased about a week and a half ago.  First off, here are the specs.

Size = 20"
Contrast Ratio = 12,000,000:1
Price = Just over $108 tax included

First off, I'll go over the cons, sense there isn't really that many of them.

Cons
The CD that came with it is useless.  Put it in my dvd burner and it didn't even work.   Then again, there wasn't much of anything on there that I needed.

Was a little tricky to put together.  At first, I just sat it down in there, thinking that there was something else that held it in.  Then I figured out, that you had to push down pretty hard on it for it to snap into place.

No VGA to HDMI adapter.  I have one of these from my old Monitor, so no biggie for me, but might cause problems for others in the future, if one of the cables goes bad.

No detail to the menu buttons.  Might be confusing at first.

That's it, for the cons.  Not much right?

Pros
Comes complete with cables and everything.  No need for adapters?  Yep, has two connection cables.  One cable that connects directly to your PC video card, and another one that requires the adapter.  Those two cables are the HDMI and VGA cables.  Very handy to have both.

Did I mention that it was wide screen?  16:9 support?

Resolution is 1600 x 900, and has excellent picture quality.  So much better than that old 15" CRT that I had.

Cost, for just over a $100, you can't go wrong.

Did I mention it was Ultra Thin and you could pick it up with one hand?

All in all, I'd say this is a pretty good monitor.  The contrast ratio is insane for the price.  Just love it.  This monitor is actually better than the 17" Flat Screen that I previously had, despite the cons this one currently has.  I highly recommend this if you're on a budget like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment