Monday, June 6, 2011

Awesome Deviled Eggs with Bacon

Thought I would upload the recipe for my awesome Deviled Eggs.

First things first. Ingredients.
What you'll need.

10-12 hard-cooked eggs, halved, divided.

6 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped. (optional) note: can use bacon bits instead.

1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided. note: I find that I like more green onion.

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley. note: can use dried parsley, but fresh is better and cheap.

2/3 cup mayonnaise. note: mayo is a too taste thing.

1/2 teaspoon of celery seeds. note: can be expensive. better off buying boxed sets with it.

1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.

1/8 teaspoon of pepper. note: also a too taste thing.


Directions for this recipe:

Step 1:
With pastry blender or fork, mash egg yolks in medium bowl until finely crumbled.
Gently stir in bacon, 1/3 cup of the green onions and parsley.
Stir in mayonnaise, celery seeds, garlic powder and pepper until blended.

Step 2:
Spoon a generous 2 teaspoons of the egg yolk mixture into each egg white half.
Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Green Onion. Note: I find that more is needed here.

There you have it. The awesome Deviled Eggs with Bacon recipe. I got this recipe from the Cooking Club magazine. Great resource for recipes. You won't regret this one. It'll be a hit at your next get together. If your family is like mine that is. They love their Deviled Eggs. The only complaint I got last time, was not enough of them. Should have made two dozen.

Here is an Image of the Eggs. I'll upload a better image hopefully the next time I cook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment