Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I Like About Gaming

Some of us play video games.  Some of us don't.  Just because your an adult, doesn't mean you have to stop playing video games.  Heck, I grew up around video games  They can be great fun  Some people even incorporate the Wii into weight loss.  I'm a gamer generation.  My kids will probably be gamers.

First Person Shooters can be a lot of fun.  While I don't play them that often, because I tend to get headaches from playing them a lot, I do enjoy them.  Why?  You get to shoot people and blow stuff up.  I think that's the whole object behind First Person Shooters.  The multi-player aspect of these games is just awesome.

Racing Games are a lot of fun too.  Perhaps my favorite of the group to play.  I've played Burnout Revenge a lot.  Why do I like it?  Again, the multi-player aspect.  I like the fact that you can use your car as a weapon and knock other players off the track.

Role Playing Games.  Commonly known as RPG games and MMORPG for the Massive Multi-player Online ones.  Why I like them?  They tend to be Fantasy based, though you're starting to see more Science Fiction based, which is fine too.  Role Playing Games are great, because you can usually pick and sometimes customize your characters.  You get to pick their abilities or talents.  You can level them up to earn new abilities and skills.  Often times, you can find upgraded weapons that are appropriate for your level range.  It's a blast really.

Building Games or Sim Games  I love Sim Games because they give me an aspect of the game that I can be basically what ever I want  I'm in control to build and strive this: city, park, persons life.  They are great fun.  One Adventure/Building Game that I love a lot and play a bunch recently is Minecraft.  It's awesome.  I like Minecraft for the building aspect of it really, although I do enjoy going on adventures here and there and carving my path into the world.

Well, I think that about covers it.  What's your favorite genre and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment