Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why You Should Check Out Grooveshark

Grooveshark was shared to me by a friend of mine.  What is Grooveshark?  Grooveshark is a place you can go to listen to music.  "Wait, can't I do that at lastfm?"  Sure, you can do that at lastfm, but you might find a reason here to use Grooveshark instead.

I instantly fell in love with Grooveshark the moment I found I can get 8bit music on there.  "8big?  Seriously dude?"  Yep, seriously.  I'm a gamer.  I grew up on Games.  My first system was a Nintendo Entertainment System (aka - NES).  I've always been a Nintendo Fan Boy.  I'm a fan of Playstation as well.  That seems to be Sony's expertise.  Don't let them touch an MMO.  (Massive Multiplayer Online game).

The great thing about Grooveshark?  It's easy to find artist that you know.  The search is easy to find.  In fact, the search should be one of the first things you see when you enter the website.  Just type in an Artist and you're good to go.

Did I mention you can create your own playlist?  Yep, on top of the like and dislike system that Yahoo Radio and LastFM have, Grooveshark has a playlist option.  Like a song?  Create a playlist and add it.  That simple.

Is this the way internet radio should be?  Well, personally, in my opinion, I'd combine features of all the internet radio.  The greatest things often borrow ideas from other websites.  Look at Facebook.  It wasn't even the first Social Networking site.  Now it's huge.

Do I recommend Grooveshark?  Certainly.  I say give it a go.  The only complain one might have right now, is that it's not fully supported by the Iphone.  Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment